[LRflex] Re: OT Thinktank airport security

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:31:20 -0800

When I flew home from England ( BA) I was told, at the airport, about the
6kg limit.....  That is roughly, 13 pounds.  Problem is that I was carrying
my Hasselblad and a few lenses and a spare back in a camera bag.....   I
said to the airport check in person... my camera itself weighs more than
that.... which got me no place.....  I had to put some the camera stuff in a
duty free bag, more in my wife's purse, and more yet in a bag with a few
magazines in it... so they weigh each piece separately, and I pass.... go to
the gate, and put it all back in my camera bag...... like I started
with.....  about 25 pounds worth.....

The idiocy of some of these rules really makes me wonder.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

     I haven't had any carriers object to a bag that size,
but BA started enforcing a 6 Kg. weight limit for awhile in the
early 90s.