[LRflex] OT: The Non-Collector

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:56:50 -0800

All:

Above all, I consider myself a camera user ... not a camera collector. However, there seems to be a bit of "collector" in all of us...

Back in January, I told the story of my Beauty Six, which turned out to be one of only two surviving examples known in the world.

Well, it turned out, that I had two other, fairly rare cameras ... a French-made Sept, 35mm still/cine camera that doubled as a contact printer and movie/slide projector; from 1923 or so, and a Birnbaum, Novo Perforetta - a Czech made camera, from the late 1930's. The Birnbaum never was much of a camera, and the example I have has been badly damaged - though, in my own defense, I would like to point out that this was done long before I came into possession of it!

For those who are curious about such things, Camerapedia pages on all three are now up.

The Beauty Six:  http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Frank_Six
The Sept: http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Debrie_Sept
The Birnbaum: http://camerapedia.org/wiki/Perforetta