[LRflex] Re: OT: T2 mount - specifications request

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:26:00 -0800

At 30/01/2008, you wrote:
A question for technies  ;-)
I must admit my ignorance but I'd like to know what the T2 consists in, notably diameter as I've retrieved a lens that doesn't fit anything I know. Googling was no use, I keep bumping into offers for T2 adaptors but no real definition or specifications seem to be available.

Thanks very much in anticipation
phx

Hi Philippe!

I don't know the specs for a T2 adapter, but the thread is very close to the Pentax/Pentacon screw thread ... but not quite right. The adapters consist of an inner ring, with T2 thread, and an outer adapter, which slips over the ring. This adapter can have any mount known to man.

See Karen Nakamura's page, on this, at: http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?Lens-adapters.html~mainFrame

Hope this helps.

Wildlife Photographs: http://www.furnfeather.net