[LRflex] Re: OT: T2 mount - more than you wanted to know...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:11:56 +0100

Thanks David
What I've got is an old 300mm no name I retrieved at my parents - I'm willing to try it on the L1 as I missed a telyt again on Fribeday- it is currently 42mm (I still have got a couple of film bodies I could use it on, but) - and I unscrewed the first ring, to discover the other thread - I think I'll get a T2 to 4/3 adaptor and try that, if I can also get rid of the fungus ...
So many birds, and so short a stone :-[
Off to bed now :-D
Thanks again
Amitiés
phx

David Young wrote:

At 30/01/2008, you wrote:

Thanks David, this is all I wanted to know I guess.
Thanks a lot.
Phil...x

But, wait, there's more ... (Ginsu knives?)

Functionally, T-mount and T2 mounts are interchangeable.
T-mounts are fixed, one-piece items, and T2 is two=piece, allowing for rotation (see below). M42 (Pentax, Pentacon thread mount) lenses have a M42x1 thread (surprise!) while the T2 thread is M42x0.75

The T2 mount itself is in two parts - one that has the camera lens mount (no automation of any kind) and a part that screws into the lens. The two parts are held together by three small screws. This allows the lens to be rotated so that the focusing guide is on the top (or wherever you want it to be).

Registration on a T2 mount is 55mm, to allow room for the adapter, and still match up with virtually any camera.

If your lens looks as if it has a Pentax thread, but won't screw into your old Pentax body, it's most likely a T mount.

More on lens registrations at: http://www.markerink.org/WJM/HTML/mounts.htm

What do you have, and what are you trying to adapt it to?

Wildlife Photographs: http://www.furnfeather.net