[LRflex] Re: OT: Sigma SD1 availability update | Photo Rumors

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 22:04:40 -0400

Hi Doug,
   to carefully give my inputs to Doug on this (attempting to do so is a branch
I've successfully gone out on and sawed right off on a previous occasion!).
Anyway, I'd like to make sure to note that there is a company out there that
sells a 'kit' &/or Service for making the SD Series of dSLRs be Leica R mount
Cameras (pre-set aperture only of course). There is no guarantee this new SD1
is still engineered to allow for such a swap, but I would feel comfortable
assuming this aftermarket company will go great guns to make a product for
accomplishing it.

Richard in Michigan

On May 21, 2011, at 8:35 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Frank Filippone wrote:
>

> Doug... how will you test the camera?  Leitax lens mount swap on the lens and
> borrow a camera?
> <<<
>
> I won't test it personally.  I'll read some of the more credible reviews.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/