[LRflex] Re: OT: Micro 4/3 , Leica R & M users, plus other goodies

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:03:03 -0400

Ted Grant wrote:
Doug Herr offered:
>>I've been printing the DMR's 10MP files at 12" x 18" (@300 dpi) with fantastic results, so I don't think the 14MP will be all that important for 11" x 14" prints.  I've even printed a cropped file at 14" x 18", and considering the picture's size if it had not been cropped, it would have been 20" x 30" - and it still looks great!

Charlie Falke  asked in response to Doug Herr comment::
>>Doug,
   I'm curious how you do that.<<<

Hi Charlie,
I'm not answering for Doug. But I make all kinds of prints, colour & B&W on 13X19 size paper. Most have some cropping, not much. Generally 12"X18" photo size with no problems and clients continue to have wet pants with excitement when they see the prints. Actually I've been more than once amazed at the quality myself, and do you know what? I haven't got a clue how it is done.:-)
I do most of the in computer tweaking on auto... if it looks cool? Great! I leave it alone, save and print!!
I've done it that way with the Digilux 2, Canon 20D, Rebel XSi, M8 and I can't remember some other sort of misfit digi camera.:-)

The M8 prints are truly quite amazing time after time.
But then I'm not a techie so I have no idea how any of these things work. The only thing that counts in the end? The people paying the bill are as happy as all get out and I'm proud of the results! KISS!
And yes I do understand the higher the Megapixals the better the quality of the print! That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the content of the picture!
I still believe too many people get hung up on the numbers and forget about the content image quality, not all. I never think about much of the techie stuff very simply because I'm a photographer first and techie 2nd! And as long as clients keep up the praise and pay the bills nothing else matters!
Not sure if this answered your intended question?
cheers,
ted
Ted,
   Message clear, interpolation works just fine. :-)
Thanks,

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein