[LRflex] Re: OT: Micro 4/3 , Leica R & M users, plus other goodies

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:25:27 +0200

Miha Golobic wrote:

Thanks Philippe,
I was aware of the 45/2.8 and the 20/1.7 but not of the 7-17, 8, and 14mm lenses.

Top the Oly lenses on that and you have a choice of fixed lenses - cool ! and light !

What about adequate camera to go along?
   <>

I guess that with 12 mp you get plenty of pixels to play with - so long you don't want to print too large. But from what I know, not many people actually print - storing and viewing on computers seems to be the norm now.

BTW, a Nikon friend of mine - can't be perfect, can you - saw some of my 7.5 mp L1 raw files on the Imac last week and said the files looked much cleaner than his D200's , go figure... When David advised Alice on the purchase of the L1 for my birthday, this friend was pushing hard for her to pick the D200, it will have taken him 3 years to lose his prejudice and admit that after all, the right choice had been made for me ;-)
Long lasting thanks to David :-)
Bien amicalement
Philippe

Cheers,