[LRflex] OT: M8 codes

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:51:35 -0700

I know... this is a reflex forum... not a rangefinder one.

But, some of us own both ... and the M8 in particular.

And some M8 owners have experimented with marking their lenses with a
black marker to simulate the lens codes on the newer M series lenses.
(Howard Cummer, springs to mind, but there are others, I'm sure!)

I just stumbled across a web page with more information on this
subject than anyone has a right to know.

http://www.digital-leica.com/lens_codes/index.html

I hope some of you find it useful!