[LRflex] Re: OT: M8 Lens Operational Query

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:24:08 -0800

The secret?  Study the codes and have faith that you are coding correctly.
Do one to see if your M8 recognizes the coding at all....

Use white and black fingernail polish.  Apply with a toothpick.  You do not
need much.

If you are wrong, then remove the marking by soaking in a solvent.....or
fingernail polish remover!  No big deal....

Frank Filippone
Red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have two LTM lenses and my adapters have the Divots. I finally got around
to trying to make use of them, but with zero success so far. Was originally
testing with a Black Sharpie coloring in the holes, but am getting
conflicting info about trying different brand of markers.

Have even considered conducting the tests with black nail polish and white
nail polish with all the annoyances that would bring to trying different
codes. Another frustration is that I do not own or have access to a Lens
with 6 bit coding that is known to work to check to see if my camera's
coding sensors are functioning properly.