[LRflex] Re: OT: Is Windoze 10 nagging you?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:17:17 -0700

Another article which some folks might find of use with Win10 privacy issues,
is here:

http://tinyurl.com/p7szhao

David.

Worth mentioning perhaps, that update will try to reinstall itself. If you
have your updates set to automatic, it probably will. If you have your
updates set to ask you before installation, at least if you have Win7.1 Pro
or Ultimate, you can then hide the update. Then you'll no longer be pestered.
Not sure about the Home edition but worth checking.

Caught another one last week which I hid as it's for "future compatibility"
and of no use to Win7. KB2952664

Pro and enterprise machines are still being sold with Win7 Pro installed.
It's patched by MS until January, 2020.

From what I've read, Win10 will be the last "new" O/S and will simply be
updated indefinitely. Win10 was "supposed" to be aimed at enterprise
eventually.

Before business take any interest, MS will need to roll out an install which
closes all doors by default and gives system administrators full control of
updates. Otherwise, the enterprise sector will look elsewhere for an IBM O/S
replacement. Maybe 10.4 will do the trick? ;-)

Those who dumped Win10 on their junk machine for giggles may find this of
use?
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/08/20/3-windows-10-privacy-dangers-to-fix-now/

William