[LRflex] OT: Is Windoze 10 nagging you?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:50:10 -0700

Is Windows 10nagging you? Always popping up and demanding you upgrade?

It bothers me, particularly on our two, older laptops, that barely have the
horsepower to run Win-7. A fancier OS would just bog them down, more.

So, if you're being bugged, here's how to get rid of it.

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates

2. Put KB3035583 into the search box in the upper right of the dialog as shown
below,
press ENTER to search for it

3. Click on the "update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)" to highlight it,
then click
"Uninstall"

4. Unfortunately, you'll have to Restart your computer to complete the deal.

There are legions of stories on the web about what's wrong with Win10. I doubt
I'll upgrade until forced by the need for a new computer. But, YOU can always
upgrade later, should you so wish, when a few more of the bugs have been
removed.

Thanks to Ian Manners on the Oly list, for the method. I've successfully
removed the nagging reminder from all 3 of my 'puters.

David..