[LRflex] Re: OT: FD on G1 - quick and dirty test shots

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 07:13:24 -0800

At 2/13/2010, you wrote:
>Following Douglas's earlier post,
>I managed to steal a couple of minutes last night to shoot these,
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Timo/test+50+FD+bokeh-1010960.jpg.html
>
>using the 1.4 FD 50 and Vivitar 75-260 in FD mount on Tim's G1 (cheapo
>TM adaptor)
>.
>Quick and dirty I know, but may give an indication on how good/bad the
>1.4 50 might be as a portrait lens on MFTs.

Good Morning, Philippe!

The shot of the young lad (Tim?) taken with the FD 50 1.4 is really
quite amazing.  The detail in the eyelashes (when viewed large) is
really quite amazing, and the bokeh remarkably pleasing.

I'd say it would make a good portrait lens on an MTF camera...

Good enough to make me look through our local camera shop, on Monday,
when I'll have some spare time.   :-)

Hi to Alice!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.