[LRFlex] Re: OT - Computer Monitors

  • From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:11:32 -0500

Aram
I'm using the Sony 17" tft. I find it excellent for general Computer work. The problem that I'm running across is the narrow angle of view. If viewed from the proper angle the color rendition is fantastic, but shift just a little from normal view and the color and hues tent to fade dramaticaly. Check out a laptop once and you'll see what I mean. Just tilt the screen back and forth to see the changes. You should compare the CRT and TFT side by side at Costco and see if it works for you. Remember sitting at a desk you won't be changing angles to much.

From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] OT - Computer Monitors
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:02:59 -0700

I see Costco is carrying a 17" Envision flatscreen (not flat pannel)
monitor.  I have been using a 17" Princeton for about 6 years now and think
it is about time I upgrade since I am sure its phophors are getting a bit
old.  Does anyone know if this is a good monitor?  What brands should I be
looking at?

Aram

Regards
Andy