[LRflex] Re: OT- Canon 5D help sought

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:08:37 +0200

Hi,
I ordered a new  screen (Brightscreen) for my 5d2 for better focussing the  R
lenses.

You can choose for  a microprism or split image in the centre ( or a
combination).

Now you can focus as you did with a MF camera. The Canon screens are indeed not
very nice, but, as Aram mentioned you can use the AF confirmation. I worked
with the 1,4/50 ZE on the 5d2 and had no problems focussing with the standard
Canon screen.

Canon sells a screen for MF lenses wich is much brighter - no microprism -, but
only for fast lenses.

best herman