[LRflex] Re: OT: Bureaucratic Bungling...

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:07:17 -0600

Recently, you wrote:

> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:09:30 -0800
> From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Several things I discovered this morning...
>
> [1] Leica did not properly declare that the goods were being returned
> to their owner, after repair.  Thus, I've had to pay many hundreds of
> dollars in duty that should not be due!

I certainly hope that you get reimbursed for these expenses.

> [2] When FedEx realized that duty was sue, they left a voice mail
> (back on January 4th)  with the only phone number provided by
> Leica.  It was the number of Leica's Customer Service Dept, but
> nobody returned their call.

Preposterous, on both counts; the call should have been returned and the
duty problem corrected while it was still a FedEx matter.

> [3] Leica gave the box to FedEx, addressed to my PO Box.  FedEx
> cannot deliver to a PO box. Had I not called them, they would never
> have been able to deliver it even after it cleared customs, for they
> were given neither my house address nor my phone number, so they
> could ask it!

Inexcusable. These errors are difficult to make, given the instructions on
the FedEx shipping form. It is not news to even a casual FedEx user that
they do not ship to a P.O. box, and to ship such a valuable item without a
phone number is absurd. If this is the new face of Leica, it doesn't bode
well for their future.

Regards,

Neil