[LRFlex] Re: OM users, coming to Leica SLR

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 08:14:06 +0000

David,

You mention the Leica CL, Er, I become quite fond of this compact thing, although the only reapir on it costed an arm and a leg.

It made be understanding the importance of the spot metering and the manual mode.

The R7 is wonderful for that is gives in half ev the deviation from a correct value. taking measure from the darkest to the lighest gives you a way to set your exposure.

One feature which was nice on the OM: memory of several spot measures.

G'DAy.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: OM users, coming to Leica SLR
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:38:49 -0800

At 4/8/2004, you wrote:

Neil, your post reminds me of Ray Moth the founder of this group, he was equally a MO user efore he came to the LRFEX.

Before buying the R7, I was tempted by one OM but gave it up for the difficulty to find the lenses, at least in France.

I had Olympus OM glass....

Years ago, a group of us got 'stoned' in Venezuela. Not with the funny looking cigarettes... we were in the Barrios, up in the foothills, being chased by irate locals throwing stones at us!

I was trying to run, carrying a steel lined Nikon bag with two 'F' bodies (with the old, clip on, selenium meters) and a bunch of lenses. It was about 36°C and I swore I'd never do that again.

So I came home, dumped it all (don't miss the Nikons, but I do miss that bag!) and bought a Leica CL, as it was the smallest thing I could find with interchangeable lenses.

But, it proved to be a poor camera - giving me many problems. So I swapped it for a then new OM-1, with their 75~150 zoom. It was reliable, easy to use and the glass was OK. But after the Leica glass, simply not good enough!

So, out it went, and an R3 came into my life... and the rest is history.

----------

David Young     |The LHSA Spring Shoot - Victoria, B.C.
Victoria,       |April 23 thru 25th, 2004.
CANADA. |Join the LHSA and join in the fun!

Victoria - voted #1 City in the Americas
        by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine - Oct 2003

Sring Shoot Information at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/spring-shoot.htm

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr