[LRflex] Re: Now, to boost the sales for the R10, if ever it comes, it should come with...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:49:10 -0500

Sorry Xavier,
I am with Aram on this. While I find incredible merit in the concept of being
able to change the software in one's camera, I find the linkage to a
prospective R10 to be tenuous at best. Were one to write a top ten list of must
have features of an R10, five of them would be that the apeture functions the
Aram Describes. One look at how well Zeiss Lenses for AF camera sell offering
'true' aperture operation combined with blissful manual focus and the WHY
becomes completely obvious.

Once again let me state the concept you point towards, Xavier, is imho going to
happen. The iPhone is completely and utterly validating the concept. Apple has
shown that it is possible to provide a functioning and stable operating system
to allow the hardware and software to get along well then create a walled
garden marketplace to equally outsource camera feature writing, protect
customers from hamfisted app writers, and make money off every last app bought
and sold.

Sincerely
Richard in Michigan

My Sarcasm Fu Is Strong,