[LRFlex] Re: Novoflex question

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:40:48 +0100

Hi Art,
A diagram would be great, though I'd probably cast it in cold curing resin (do a lot of that for scale modelling). I had been thinking of a cast resin sleeve to slip over the front grip with a recess for the Canon release, and if that worked a similar sleeve for Leica and Contax.
Thanks a lot and have a merry next few days.
cheers
Douglas

NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:

Doug,
A few years back, I had a 560mm Novoflex lens with the follow focus grip. I made a stepped shaped block out of aluminum and painted it with black, wrinkle-finished, high temp exhaust header paint and baked it on in my oven, (caught hell from my wife for the lingering smell). I then drilled two small holes in the ends of the block & grip to mount it on the side of the grip, near enough the top, so that I could reach it with my index finger. I then brilled & tapped a larger hole for the Leica electric release R for use on the late grip and screwed it in, hooked it up to my winder connector & presto, it actually worked.
If you need a diagram of this "contraption", e-mail me and I'll draw one up & send it back to you.
Merry Christmas,
Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx <mailto:natstek@xxxxxxx>
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm