[LRflex] Novoflex B to Leicaflex SL: LEBA, LEBA-SL and LEA-R

  • From: "John Wilton" <john@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:19:56 -0500

I emailed Novoflex: I have a follow focus outfit (PIGRIFF-B) that I
use with Nikon (NIKA connector). I would like to use it with a newly
acquired Leicaflex-SL. From googling, the correct adapter appears to
be LEBA-SL. Might be hard to find.

Can I use LEBA? Is it compatible with SL cameras?

Is LEA-R (currently on the Novoflex site) compatible with SL cameras?

Martin at Novoflex wrote: "to connect your fast focusing lens (Series
C and D - with exchangeable camera adapter rings) with Leicaflex and
Leica-R cameras you can use our adapter LEA-R." He didn't answer my
question about compatibility of LEBA.

Of course LEA-R is quite expensive, so I'd like to find a less
expensive LEBA but I wonder if there is any reason not to use it with
SL? What possible difference could there be in a LEBA-SL, as my NIKA
adapter doesn't communicate with the camera in any way.

If anyone has a spare adapter, please let me know offlist!