[LRflex] Not snowing yet here:)

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:34:01 +0200

Hello Phil, all,

Indeed, conditions of the two images were identical, bot a at f4 and same
speed/iso, WB, etc.

I'm really surprised by the Leica zoom with the Digilux. Might be that the
firmware was tweaked a wee with the V2.0. No way to prove it though.

As I heard that the Indian Summer in Canada is shorter than espected, let me
show a "tourist" picture, square format, a wink to Rose and David Young:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Wink/_1020768_dev.jpg

in the serie "Cheri, I have forgotten the corkscrew":

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Wink/_1020746_dev.jpg

and last, It's too sunny for the Blues Bros:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Wink/_1020752_dev.jpg

For the last one presented, I have used the widest aperture but still, there is
too much DOF. Pffff

IT is a sunny Week End: Next One, I'll be in Brugge (Belgium )....

---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:21:55 +0200From: phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex] Re: Sarkozy's Cat, difference of
view from a Tamron and a Vario Elmar
Hi Xavier,this is a very interesting and telling demonstration. The Leica zoom
is way better in terms of definition - I don't know if the circumstances of the
shoot are the same (diaph, vitesse, ISO, etc.), but the picture looks crisper,
the details finer; way better.You seems to enjoy your gear a lot.Sunny weekend?
Time for a stroll in Paris, and for a harvest of pixles to share. :-D BTW - did
you get the white balance adjusted automatically or have you fine-tuned
it?Wating for news and pixes.AmitiésPhilippeBille Xavier F. wrote:

Hello Gents Latest news, as I could not crack the SilkyPix Protection :( and
due to the high value of Euro, I bought a full home version..... Although one
find good tips in the manual, reading it is compulsory as the software is not
intuitive. Er, the MMI is disposed a different way from common softwares. I had
a couple of RAW, one from the SP Tamron and the other from the Vario Elmar.
Against all odds, the Tamron is not that bad (it was really OK with a film
base) but in digital, the Vario Elmar shows it off. The picture is my
neighbour's balcony decoration, we call it Sarko's Cat, be warned, each are 2
meg. With the Tamron
SP:http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Test/_1020267_dev_SP_NK.jpgWith the Vario
Elmar 80-200http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Test/_1020264_dev_vario_NK.jpg Both
were processed in silkypix the same way. My conclusions? The Tamron SP is
giving chromatic blurried edges and there is a slight color cast while the
colors are better rendered by the vario Elmar and the edges are sharp. In fact
Silky pix can dissolve a lot of blurr and chromatic aberration. To see what I
mean you need to look closely at the pine cone in the bottom of the image. And
the image has been worked out. the original image from Tamron showed a lot more
defaults in the details. To demonstrate the power of Silkypix, I have reworked
the image of last week, here is the picture from the Digilux, downsized to
220K:http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Test/_1020584_cor.jpg and here is the noise
cleaned picture from SilkyPix, off the RAW file,
575K:http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Test/_1020584_dev.jpg Promise, I won't bug
you again with these tests, however, for me, the power of the post processing
is a discovery  ---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort
- France.

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx