[LRflex] Re: Not an R camera - Leica CL

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 07:13:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Walter,
   I wanted to chime in regarding your CL purchase opportunity with classwp's
comment regarding repairs. CameraQuest's website has some profiles of the CL
and CLE and comments regarding the CL lenses, as well. IIRC they say there are
a fair number of commonalities between them and the Minolta SLR's from the time
period and even reccomend the practice of picking up cheeep part donor slr
bodies for the future.
   Personally, I have visited his site a fair bit recently to learn about CV
lenses and happily found a nice treasure trove of info about rangefinders and
used LTM screwmount lenses from a decidedly USER perspective. They might also
be a repair source, but you'll have to ask.
   I've penciled a Digital M8 in for future acquisition and won't be able to
afford new M lenses and am looking at used M, used LTM, and new & used CV glass
to use with it. I looked quite hopefully towards using CL lenses - the prices
are adorable from an 'M' perspective!, but alas it appears it isn't as simple
as just mounting it to an M8.

Richard in Michigan