[LRflex] Northern Flicker

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:44:19 -0700

Hi Bill,
Yes I have thought of that possibility and you may be right. However the bird
book suggests that flickers don't usually eat wood. They are ground feeders but
tap on houses to establish territory. I hope this is true in my case.
Cheers
Howard

Subject: [LRflex] Re: Northern Flicker
From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:53:50 -0700

Howard,

When I lived in Monterey many years ago, I recall a man in Pacific Grove whose
home was under attack by woodpeckers.

The reason was because the wooden siding had become infested with insects of
some sort and the birds were after them to eat.

Good luck,

Bill