[LRflex] Northern Flicker

  • From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:10:56 -0700

Hi Flexers,

On Pender we live in a wooden cabin - some of the timbers used to build the
cabin were actually logged from the site.
As well as hummingbirds and eagles we have varieties of wood eating birds
including the Pileated Woodpecker and
most recently the Northern Flicker. Here are two pictures of a male Northern
Flicker which, with its mate, is doing
its level best to eat my wooden cabin. We have hung up aluminum pie plates in
the eaves and balinese chimes at
the corner of the roof to try and scare them away. So far we haven't had much
luck and it looks like I may have to call in
an expert. The pictures:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2013/Male-Northern-Flickerw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/kn9qfbs

and another view:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2013/Northern-Flicker-2w.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/ltffvg5

Both taken with the Fuji XE 1 and the 55 - 200 zoom - hand held and processed
and cropped in CS6.

The fuji zoom is noticeably sharper than my old Nikon 300 f4.0 AF

Please look large.
C&C always welcome

Howard.