[LRflex] Re: Non-ROM lenses on R8

  • From: Rachel <rachelron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:42:35 +0100

Thanks Charlie. I had a look at the handbook which I found online but I couldn't make out what the ROM contacts were for. Just got to decide now whether I can afford the R8 :-)

Rachel

Charlie Chan wrote:
None in reality. The ROM contacts on film bodies are helpful for intelligent flashguns like the Metz MZ54. They're also useful for the DMR, but only so that you can record the EXIF data on the image. I think the DMR also adjusts and corrects for lenses with ROM contacts. I use a mix of lenses on my R9/DMR without any problems

Charlie

On 13 Sep 2008, at 19:08, rronaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am tentatively thinking of buying an R8 body but all my lenses are 3-cam non-ROM lenses. What limitations would that impose on using the R8?

Rachel