[LRflex] Re: Nobody said it was easy...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 14:45:36 -0700

> Wonderfully 'small' moment you captured which says volumes about how
> much fun Howard was having. Kudos.

Thank you!

> Query: Do you know what camera he was shooting with?  Looks like a nice,
> tidy, fits the hand kind of package.  My ole 20D EOS is getting ever
> more cranky, probably jealous of my M8!

Hi Richard!

It was the Panashiba GH2, with 14~140mm and 100~300 zooms.  I think it's the
14~140 you see in the image.  I must confess, I was very impressed both with
the sharpness and the high ISO performance.  OTOH, Howard tells me that the
50~200 (I think) is sharper than the 100~300.

He also had the Fuji X-100 and X-Pro-1.  Although rangefinders are not "my
thing", I was very impressed with the quality of build in both body & lenses
and with the optical performance of the Fujinon lenses.  They certainly need
not take a back seat to anybody; though only primes are available at this time.

Next year, we'll see how they do with Zooms.

(I'd let Howard answer for himself, but he's on the road.)

David.