[LRflex] Re: No subject

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:22:55 +1100

Charlie,

The sigma SD15 it seems is about to be released using the same sensor
but with improved software, ISO and ergs.  As far as full frame is
concerned I think one of the big boys has to move forward with the
foveon design or something like it to cater for that market.  I guess it
would be a big risk for Sigma.  I am not a pro but for me the foveon
sensor when conditions are within the limitations of the camera deliver
the best results.  No question, in my eyes other digital platforms look
flat.  The sigma hit rate with my R lenses is lower than using this
glass on a Pana or Digilux but when it hits well the only comparison is
Ektar 100.  Foveon looks alive like film does, a lot of other digital
seem one dimensional.

Walter

--
Walter Krämer