[LRflex] Re: Nine Forty One : Ground 0 of the Green Level, Post Processing Tale

  • From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
  • To: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>, liste reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 12:24:22 +0200 (CEST)

I'd suggest dimming the yellow channel too now as the reds and yellows are
flashy - or is it simply that from the start you pushed luminance one or two
clicks too far?

Bon 1er mai :-)
Philippe

Cet e-mail est solidaire : un clic ici = un don pour l’association Maman Blues
-- Envoyé via mailforgood

Message du : 01/05/2013 10:50
De : "Bille Xavier F. " <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
A : "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copie à :
Sujet : [LRflex] Nine Forty One : Ground 0 of the Green Level, Post Processing
Tale

Good Day Flexers:

Paris: It is cold 13degrees, it is damp, I had planned to be out to prepare the
outer wall of the garden for painting, another day.

The value 941 is the ticket opened with ISL for the fact that most of the
images developped with SilkyPix, originated from the Fuji X20 were rather green
at times.

Then I presented this:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2798_dev.jpg

David Young pointed out the greens, almost fluo. Hell, he was right, here is
the image developped by the embedded X20 core:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2842_small.jpg

You are going to tell me that the quality is rather acceptable, why bother with
SilkyPix then? It is probably my personnality as a IT guy.

Then, I discovered that with SilkyPix V5, if I reduce drastically the
saturation of the green, then it improves a lot. Here is how to do it:
It is called the fine Color Controller, each pie can be adjusted in
Hue/Saturation and Lightness:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/Fujix20Greencorrection.jpg

BTW, you can see  that this 'taste' has a name 'Fuji X20', set by pressing on
the 'plus' sign on the right of the same line and recording in a list of
'Tastes'.

After a little more Work but not a lot, the usual, contrast, HDR, etc:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2798_dev1.jpg

A bit better than the 'OEM' file, may be the green could be a bit more
saturated but in my memory, the front of the shop was not that green.

If you look at my processing, the flashy green bag in the display has retained
most of saturation. The developped image thru SP has a little more details, the
effec of HDR.

All right, this being said, the in camera development offers all tweaks of
sharpness/light tone, dark tone. In this, it is far advanced compared to the
Digilux 3: not only you can record JPEG and RAW but if required you can develop
further the raw to get an image. The only point is that the camera X20 has just
its monitor to do that and it uses a lot of battery in the process.
However, the desing of the Fuji X serie is rather clever.

So, what happens to 941? I've provided this data and some other to help the
guys reproducing the problem. I thought this was just a problem with a tag in
the image but it may be a bit more complex. They will find.

Enjoy!

Just a poll: do you favour these explanations on the post processsing with
Silky Pix? I'm pretty sure we are not a large number of users compared to the
'LR' or 'Aperture' Camps (even if SP5 exists for Apple Computers) ????

From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France