[LRflex] Nine Forty One : Ground 0 of the Green Level, Post Processing Tale

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 10:50:32 +0200

Good Day Flexers: Paris: It is cold 13degrees, it is damp, I had planned to be
out to prepare the outer wall of the garden for painting, another day. The
value 941 is the ticket opened with ISL for the fact that most of the images
developped with SilkyPix, originated from the Fuji X20 were rather green at
times. Then I presented
this:http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2798_dev.jpg David Young pointed
out the greens, almost fluo. Hell, he was right, here is the image developped
by the embedded X20 core:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2842_small.jpg You are going to tell me
that the quality is rather acceptable, why bother with SilkyPix then? It is
probably my personnality as a IT guy. Then, I discovered that with SilkyPix V5,
if I reduce drastically the saturation of the green, then it improves a lot.
Here is how to do it:It is called the fine Color Controller, each pie can be
adjusted in Hue/Saturation and Lightness:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/Fujix20Greencorrection.jpg BTW, you can see
 that this 'taste' has a name 'Fuji X20', set by pressing on the 'plus' sign on
the right of the same line and recording in a list of 'Tastes'. After a little
more Work but not a lot, the usual, contrast, HDR, etc:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/NDame/DSCF2798_dev1.jpg A bit better than the
'OEM' file, may be the green could be a bit more saturated but in my memory,
the front of the shop was not that green. If you look at my processing, the
flashy green bag in the display has retained most of saturation. The developped
image thru SP has a little more details, the effec of HDR. All right, this
being said, the in camera development offers all tweaks of sharpness/light
tone, dark tone. In this, it is far advanced compared to the Digilux 3: not
only you can record JPEG and RAW but if required you can develop further the
raw to get an image. The only point is that the camera X20 has just its monitor
to do that and it uses a lot of battery in the process. However, the desing of
the Fuji X serie is rather clever. So, what happens to 941? I've provided this
data and some other to help the guys reproducing the problem. I thought this
was just a problem with a tag in the image but it may be a bit more complex.
They will find. Enjoy! Just a poll: do you favour these explanations on the
post processsing with Silky Pix? I'm pretty sure we are not a large number of
users compared to the 'LR' or 'Aperture' Camps (even if SP5 exists for Apple
Computers) ????

From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France