[LRflex] Re: Nikon Step Down Mechanism Ponderings

  • From: Truman Bryce <mwlac2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:50:51 -0800 (PST)

________________________________
From: William B. Abbott III <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, January 20, 2011 11:26:05 AM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Nikon Step Down Mechanism Ponderings

On Jan 20, 2011, at 2:40 AM, Gary E wrote:

> If you combine what Leitax already did and add an additional gizmo for auto
>aperture, it might be easier to start there.  Since the Nikon body already can
>assume a manual Ais/Ai lens attached, your goal should be to make the Leica
>lens
>appear to be so ...

That sounds like another, even simpler place to mate the "R front" to a "D700
back," fool the latter into "thinking" the that the R lens is a manual N lens.
Not having any aquaintance at all with Nikon equipment I have no idea what may
be involved, but perhaps Leitax does know what is involved

If the D700 had to be machined to make way for the adaptive R lens mechanism, I
could contemplate a new retro-adapter that could be mounted on the D700 to
restore it to all-Nikon functionality if desired.

Thanks,

Bill