[LRflex] Re: Nighttime show

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Leica Users Group" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Leica Reflex" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:51:24 -0700

OOPS.  Make that Venus and Jupiter.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/ataglance
Aram

From: Aram Langhans
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 9:48 AM
To: Leica Users Group ; Leica Reflex
Subject: Nighttime show

Last night, a neighbor called and told me to get off my duff, grab my camera
and go look at the moon.  The crescent moon was flanked by Jupiter and Mars,
she said.  So, I did and this is the result.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/as/moon+_amp_+planets-9932.jpg.html

and two more.

I should have got right up, but I waited about 20 minutes.  If I had been
sooner, the sky would have had a bit of color and I would not have sent the
highlights off the deep end of the histogram like I did on one that I exposed
to get some light in the sky.  (not shown)

Maybe tonight?  But they won't line up this way.

Comments welcome.  Feel free to look large and all three.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson