[LRflex] News for DMR owners...

  • From: telyt@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:56:54 -0700

Good morning, all!

A little known story is that when the v1.2 update for the DMR was first made
public, last spring, it was withdrawn within 24 hours. As the story goes,
Imacon (who designed and built the DMR for Leica) gave Leica the update, saying
is was "ready to go".

It wasn't; and produced photos with distinctly orange cast!  Suffice it to say
that the young lady who'd come on board, as the new director for 'R' product
developement that very day, endured "trial by fire"!  The release was fixed,
shortly thereafter, and most of us use v1.2 quite happily!

Now, version 1.3 is in the wings!  Imacon have, once again, delivered an update
to Leica saying all is well. Leica, however, have it out to a number of people
(I am not one of the - see my earlier post!) for thorough testing before its
general release to the users.

The word that I have (from folks who know some of the testers) is that it makes
a "considerable improvement"; although I'm unsure, at this point, just where
the areas of improvement lay.  However, I understand that consistency of
exposure and colour balance have been worked on.  Time will tell.

Stephan Daniels assures me that the new (v1.3) firmware will be released
"before Christmas".

Just thought you'd like something to look forward to!

Cheers!

----

David Young
Farhnam, UK.