[LRflex] Re: New posts

  • From: Bill Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:48:48 -0700

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind welcome and the "recipe" for high ISO exposure
control. I need to take an afternoon to digest and try it to see how it
works. Thank you for sharing it.

I haven't tried varying the DMR Menu Color Saturation settings either to see
what effect they have but plan to do it soon. As I remarked to Elliot
Puritz, there are 27 varieties of DMR Menu setting for Sharpness, Color
Saturation, and Contrast to explore plus 9 more for DMR Monitor settings, a
weeks work at least.

I know that I always preferred 1/2 to 1 stop underexposure when shooting
print film so that is the "look" I am after, and your Leica Night pix seem
to be, on my monitor, which is an Apple 23" Cinema display, very much in the
direction I'd like to go.

Thanks again,

As ever,

Bill