[LRflex] Re: New posts

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

Welcome to the group Bill. look forward to seeing your work
Bill Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi all,

I'm new to the group and have posted a few pictures for you to see that I
made with the DMR I've had since the last week in January.

I've used it around our home and on trips to London and Yosemite.

After years of using an M4, R4S, R4 and then an R7, I wasn't too sure about
the R9 at first but came to enjoy it very much. Learning the DMR has been
deceptively simple and I have fallen in love with it, particularly being
able to change "film" speed on the fly.

I started out as a kid right after WW II with a Kodak Vigilant folding
camera and a home made dark room in the garage, developing Verichrome and
Panatomic X b&w film and making contact prints, so using the R9-DMR is sort
of a fantastic dream come true for me. Hard to believe.

My V-E 21mm-35mm is now the "walking around" lens of choice since it is
essentially a 28mm-50mm zoom but the tele factor of the DMR has thrown off
all my "learned" feeling for what lens does what.

I can tell there is a lot more to the digital photography process than I had
imagined and I have only begun to scratch the surface. I keep being reminded
of what I have learned over and over: Anything that looks simple isn't.

I hope you will enjoy seeing pictures of the places I've been and the things
I've seen.

See

Cheers,

Bill