[LRflex] Re: New member

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:51:16 -0800

On Jan 21, 2010, at 1:37 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>
>> On Jan 21, 2010, at 12:43 PM, David Scollard wrote:
>>
>>> Steve, since you're obviously enjoying success adapting other R lenses
>>> your Nikon (as evinced by all the great shots you're posting on this
> list),
>>> I'm wondering why you wouldn't adapt your vario elmar 21-35. Are there
>>> technical obstacles?
>>
>> it's a great lens, and your question, a great question....I have looked at
> how to do
>> that several times...there must some obstacle, and there is no existing
> kit...
>>
>> I have written to David Llado regarding whether it can be done at all,
> maybe by a >custom conversion...so we'll see....
>
> It might have mirror clearance problems.  I noted on leitax.com that the
> late-model Leica 19mm Elmarit-R had to be "trimmed" to clear the D3's
> mirror.

yes thanks Doug, I'd like to do that conversion on my R19mm v.II   but that
trimming which is required, I've been reluctant to do it...
but the adapter is available...

on the R21-35mm ROM it's unclear what the problem is, whether mirror clearance
or other is uncertain, but there is a photo of one on a Fuji camera, and it may
be done as a custom conversion...I am looking into it, now pending...

thanks Doug,

Steve