[LRflex] Re: New member

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:42:25 -0800

At 09/02/2008, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm a new member to the list.

I don't own any Leicas at the moment (although I do have a nice shiny
VIOOH viewfinder that I use on my Soviet rangefinders); my 35mm system
right now is Nikon.  However, I've always been very curious about
Leicas.

I'm not committing to buying one ... not yet, anyway.  :)  But I'm going
to (primarily) lurk and learn.

I also shoot 120 (Bronica SQ-series and a Minolta Autocord TLR) and 4x5.

Jim MacKenzie
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Good Mornin' Jim!

Welcome to the zoo!

You'll find us a friendly bunch, with a ton of expertise to share, should you wish it. As the LRflex page says... If you own, or wish you owned a Leica Reflex... this is the discussion list for you! There is no requirement to actually own one!

Your Nikon gear is good stuff ... I shot Nikon, for many years, before moving to Leica.

So, lurk away, if you wish. But don't hesitate to pipe up to ask questions, or (even better) post some of your work. We all love to share/critique photos ... and we all become better photographers in the process. Just put your shot somewhere on the web, and give us the URL!

Besides, it's good go see another Canuck on the list.... we're a visible minority, you know!

Cheers!

The zookeeper.