[LRflex] New Tool by Corel, here what I could do with it!

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:29:02 +0200

Hello To all.

In a desperate effort to improve the Scan of Slides, I have invested in a
Pack Paint Shop Pro by Corel.

Just a quick review as this list is not meant for this: It has a lot of
tools to correct the images and they are not too difficult to use. THe
package includes a Noise reduction tool for the picture produced by a
Digicam as well as a management for the raw files (I could not test it, the
NEF (Nikon Raw Enhanced file from my scanner could not be opened by Corel,
Bug?).

So far, I'm pretty happy.

Last Month, I put an auto assignement to use the Summicron 90, just to
practice, here a a few results, near Beaubourg (Sensia 100).

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Paris001.jpg

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Paris002.jpg

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Paris003.jpg

These are not far from the original Slides, same scanner by Nikon (See Exif
data).

This package by Corel is probably a good alternative to Photoshop (which I
personnally dislike).