[LRflex] Re: New Scans

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:53:36 +0200

Hi Eric
Thanks for viewing:

Fakirette was in the distance at the far end of the stage and the
Angenieux did quite a good job in poor light - the flashlight was not
set to maximum power (old thing about 20 years of age but still
flashing) and the background and floor were dark , if this can help,
that's the only trick - the stage lights helped a lot but I used the
flash with a view to compensate for probable colour distortion. ASA/ISO
must have been 200 and it was cheap supermarket Kodak negative film..

I like the "red tail"? too and I'm quite satisfied of having been able
to shoot it so large on the slide - I had to wait for it for a good half
hour, equipped with a Mac, and an umbrella set to the tripod under
pouring rain (no pb with either hand then ;-)  and the drops kept
falling on my head ... famous tune, ain't it?).  It was a funny bird,
and probably a hungry and cold one too although it was early August, but
1200m high in the Alps (3000ft and not 1000 as stated initially). I
missed the snaps when it was picking at the red berries - focusing fast
in not my forte. :-(

I still have marmots in store but I'm not pleased with the scans; the
slides are ok though. I'll try harder soon.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
Yours
Phileicangenieux.