[LRflex] Re: New Participant

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:01:28 -0700

At 11/06/2006, you wrote:

>Good Morning:
>
>My name is Phil McKinley, I live in Harbor Springs, MI and have
>surfed this forum for a couple of years now.  I purchased a Leica R8
>with a Elmaarit-R 1:2.8/90mm lens new about 2 years ago.  Since that
>purchase I've acquired a couple more lenses, the most recent being a
>400mm Telyt-R f6.8 and also a motor drive.  After getting the 400mm
>I took a trip to Africa with one of the local colleges here in
>Michigan which lasted for 18 days.  I took close to 1,000 pictures
>some of which I've posted at:
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/PhilMcKinley
>
>I've never posted any pictures on any web site before so please
>excuse me if I've done something wrong here.  The pictures were
>developed at the local Walgreens and scanned at the same time so
>that I could e-mail them to both friends and family.  Nothing on the
>pictures that I've posted has been altered in Photoshop or any other
>software as I'm not up to speed with any of that just yet.  I'll be
>adding pictures to this gallery as I have time, I just put a few
>pictures of the wildlife on to start with.  I've got plenty more to
>sort through and post as time allows.  Any and all comments are
>welcome, I'm have a thick skin and also want to learn more about
>making my pictures better.  I've got absolutely no experience with
>the digital world or the digital darkroom.
>
>Hope you enjoy.

Good Mornin' Phil!

Nice to see your photos... undoubtedly, the "trip of a
lifetime"!    As mentioned in our private mail, the contrast is a bit
high, and needs some adjustment in PS, but over-all you have some
great shots!

Of this group, I particularly liked "Looking around", but I couldn't
choose a favourite.

You have, however, given me the urge to see Africa.... as soon as my
other planned trips are done!

Thanks for sharing!

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Limited Edition Prints at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm