[LRflex] New Participant

  • From: "Phil McKinley" <mckinfp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:16:42 -0400

Good Morning:

My name is Phil McKinley, I live in Harbor Springs, MI and have surfed this
forum for a couple of years now.  I purchased a Leica R8 with a Elmaarit-R
1:2.8/90mm lens new about 2 years ago.  Since that purchase I've acquired a
couple more lenses, the most recent being a 400mm Telyt-R f6.8 and also a motor
drive.  After getting the 400mm I took a trip to Africa with one of the local
colleges here in Michigan which lasted for 18 days.  I took close to 1,000
pictures some of which I've posted at:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/PhilMcKinley

I've never posted any pictures on any web site before so please excuse me if
I've done something wrong here.  The pictures were developed at the local
Walgreens and scanned at the same time so that I could e-mail them to both
friends and family.  Nothing on the pictures that I've posted has been altered
in Photoshop or any other software as I'm not up to speed with any of that just
yet.  I'll be adding pictures to this gallery as I have time, I just put a few
pictures of the wildlife on to start with.  I've got plenty more to sort
through and post as time allows.  Any and all comments are welcome, I'm have a
thick skin and also want to learn more about making my pictures better.  I've
got absolutely no experience with the digital world or the digital darkroom.

Hope you enjoy.

Phil McKinley
McKinley Trucking Co., Inc.
652 N. Williams St.