[LRflex] Re: New Member.....Please Help....

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 06:12:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>http://www.meister-camera.com/hamburg/index.php?id=25&L=1&tx_commerce_pi1[catUid]=38&cHash=3d54de08d0
>Has a couple of very cheap SLs (€150-175  I'd avoid the ones with the red
>plastic lens lock)
>
>http://photohaus.de/
>Also has an SL for €199
>
>In my experience, Photohaus is reliable and their ratings are accurate, while
>Meister is even better and rates very conservatively.
>So Photohaus' "B" and Meister's "C" are probably similar.

The red plastic lens lock is likely to break, but replacing it is a very simple
and inexpensive repair.  Everything else equal, I'd buy an SL with the metal
lens lock over one with the red plastic part, but if I were offered an
otherwise good SL with the red plastic lens lock for a good price I wouldn't
turn my nose up at it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com