[LRflex] Re: New Lens

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:14:37 -0500

Aram,
I think your shots are most like the results cheap kodak instamatics gave in
millions of snapshots across the sixties and seventies. The aesthetic is a
distinct departure from the digital photography era's ubiquitos obsession with
pixel peeping optical perfection which intrinsically means your father's
opinion is correct. All Holga shots are fuzzy and mostly out of focus.
My Take on the Holga family of flawed optical lens options is that, much like
using precise optics such as Leica Glass, what matters is making images worth
looking at, worth sharing, worthy of your effort to make it.

BTW Pinhole pjotography in the digital age is quite fun, but it mercilessly
points out any and all dust on one's sensor.  Period. Further if one has a ccd
based sensor they seem to suck dust in like crazy via sensor building a static
electricity field during long exposures. My pinhole is even closed off to dust
sucking from outside the camera, another know issue, and my M8's visible dust
problems simply exploded just by sucking up the dust in the imaging box.

Richard in Mighigan

My Sarcasm Fu Is Strong,
Proceed With Caution.  :-)