[LRflex] Re: New CEO Leica Camera

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:26:33 -0700 (PDT)

Ola Philippe and David,
   thanks for the english link (my C's in High School German made the Original
Version Greek To Me!). I would loooove to have the R come back, too. Sign me
up!
If they announce development intentions now, I could probably afford one by the
time it goes to retail outlets! Alas, likely not, but hope is eternal. My
crystal ball says that IF they can make M9's and their lenses profitably, I
don't see why they can't leverage the experience to a dSLR, as well. The S2
seems quite wonderful on all fronts, but that price point is positively
terrifying. M's and M lenses are expensive, but at least are 'narrow' multiples
of the Premium Equipment at Can/Nik/Sony et al. The S Equipment Price Lists are
like perusing the newspaper ad for a CAR DEALER.
   Realistically, though, I don't see why Leica can't pluck profits from SLR's
the same way Zeiss does putting out their 'Catalog' of Manual Focus Designs in
appropriate lens 'barrels and mounts' for everyone else's dSLR Cameras. Let
CanonNikonSony et al take the hit chugging out new cameras designs on the
endless technology upgrade treadmills. Build Great Lenses/Make Money.

Alas, I'm neither a Businessman or a Wealthy Person, just a Dreamer who loves
equipment he can't afford!

Richard in Michigan