[LRflex] New BW Gallery: Fish & Chips,Long-legged Girls, Beer, Samba Music and Nosy People

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:48:02 +0100

Hello all,

I just took a day off work to get some of the snaps from my recent holiday in Whitby UK processed.

The main subjects are as in the subject line. I suppose you could call it street photography - for me, that's another way of saying shooting snapshots while walking around town :-)

With only a few exceptions, these were all shot on film (ASA 200 Colour Negative film - Boots store brand and Kodak Gold) with Leica and CV lenses (50/25/15/12mm), Rollei lenses (28 and 35mm) and a Zeiss Yashica T-AF 3.5/35 Tessar point and shoot. The other cameras were a Rollei 3003, a Minolta CLE and a Pentax P30 I picked up in a charity shop along with a 1.8/50 and an absolute dog of a Centon 28-70 Zoom lens for a few pounds.

All the negatives were processed and scanned to CD at a 1-hour minilab just across the street from the famous Sutcliffe Gallery. I only tweaked the results and converted them to BW.

Be like the people on the first shot - be nosy and take a look around the gallery and (hopefully) enjoy a walk around the fair town of Whitby.

Comments and criticism are, as always, more than welcome.

Cheers
Douglas

The gallery starts here

*http://tinyurl.com/yfqnu3a*

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1