[LRflex] Re: Netherlands

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:37:22 +0200

Many years ago I did a lot of oil and gas exploration for Nam, Petroland
and Chevron in the area (I was with an exploration company called
Prakla-Seismos, and also had dealings with the exploration branch of TNO
in Delft) -Zuid-Holland-Zuid is actually one of the few areas where
relatively little gas was found in the 1970s and 1980s.
I must admit that I know Holland much better from its geophysical /
geological (under) side than I know its cities and villages, although I
visited NAM in Assen quite a few times, and Petroland in the Hague, we
never really got to see much of the countryside.
Cheers
Douglas