[LRflex] Re: NPR "All Things Considered" (Leica) / JOBO Film Development

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:34:52 -0800

On Dec 10, 2006, at 1:23 PM, LEICAFLEX wrote:

> Hi Richard and Doug,
>
> That NPR segment must have been music to your ears!  There is an
> 'underground' movement that is gaining numbers, and I am not surprised
> that this movement is now resurfacing with enough pressure to get
> Kodak and Fuji to respond!
>
> Since 2004 I have heard many pro's either lamenting selling off all
> their film gear, or coming back to film with previous/new gear more
> recently.  Now serious amateurs either never gave up film or are
> wanting to rediscover the 'Best of Both Worlds' with film and
> scanning.

I do enjoy film's tactile and tangible side, and for projection digital
can't touch a good slide,  The primary reasons I want to keep using
film is because that's what the Leicaflexes and the R4 use.  I value
the SL/SL2 viewfinder, finding it much easier to use than anything else
in difficult light, and for small and light with Leica-R glass the R4
is a tough act to follow.  OTOH the quality of the DMR's output at ISO
400 and above, where I use it most, leaves similar-speed films in the
dust.

> Doug, I'm sure you will enjoy the "Path of JOBO Home Development".

I brought up the subject with SWMBO today and this might cost more than
I originally estimated since she wants completely new cabinets in the
laundry room as part of the deal ;-)

If we want to keep Kodak and Fuji bringing out new and better films the
most influential vote we have is with our dollars yen euros or currency
of your choice.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com