[LRflex] Re: My shot at being Doug Herr - getting closer

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:09:20 -0700

On Feb 27, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Andy Wagner wrote:

To all who have helped
Thank you as this is the first picture I've tried to post, I still have a major learning curve to get over but with your patientence and critiques it's just a matter of time. I seriously prefer to be ripped over the coals in critiques as to me this is the best method of learning. Face it guys(and gals) I'm in the company of some of the best here and what better way to learn than from the best. So please feel free to let it rip.

Steve- The black and white version turned out gorgeous. Showed it to "she that must be obeyed" and she loved it also. Thank you for taking the time.

happy to help Andy, if you send me the full file I'd be happy to play around with that and send it back...

I felt that the original version was betrayed partly just by its color, and partly by the contrast issues...which made it look much worse than it was,

so I just wanted to see how it would look optimized for bw...

anytime, Steve

Doug- Thanks for identifing the Coopers. Unfortunately Sam doesn't care for the hawk since it's eating all "her little birds" who she feeds religiously daily. I don't think she quite grasps the idea of the food chain. The advice of acting in a non-chlante manner and acting like prey did work. All shots displayed were full frame.

David thank you for taking the time to show what it should look like. Your corrected version looks like the original that I shot and saw on my laptop. The shots were taken with a Panasonic FZ-8 with the Elmarit zoom. I did get a copy of Silkypix with the camera and attempting to learn that program also.

To all the rest that commented thank you. your advice has given me a great starting point.

Regards
YXAndy