[LRflex] Re: My shot at being Doug Herr - getting closer

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:02:07 -0800 (PST)

To all who have helped
  Thank you as this is the first picture I've tried to post, I still have a
major learning curve to get over but with your patientence and critiques it's
just a matter of time. I seriously prefer to be ripped over the coals in
critiques as to me this is the best method of learning. Face it guys(and gals)
I'm in the company of some of the best here and what better way to learn than
from the best. So please feel free to let it rip.

  Steve- The black and white version turned out gorgeous. Showed it to "she
that must be obeyed" and she loved it also. Thank you for taking the time.

  Doug- Thanks for identifing the Coopers. Unfortunately Sam doesn't care for
the hawk since it's eating all "her little birds" who she feeds religiously
daily. I don't think she quite grasps the idea of the food chain. The advice of
acting in a non-chlante manner and acting like prey did work. All shots
displayed were full frame.

  David thank you for taking the time to show what it should look like. Your
corrected version looks like the original that I shot and saw on my laptop. The
shots were taken with a Panasonic FZ-8 with the Elmarit zoom. I did get a copy
of Silkypix with the camera and attempting to learn that program also.

  To all the rest that commented thank you. your advice has given me a great
starting point.

Regards
YXAndy