[LRflex] Re: My shot at being Doug Herr

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:46:29 -0800

At 26/02/2008, you wrote:
I've attempted to post a couple of shots that looked good on my laptop but appear very muddy on an older desktop. If they look the same to you please let me know and I'll try and redo them.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=119290>http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=119290

Good Mornin' Andy!

On my (calibrated) monitor, the colours look dull or muddy. The detail looks as if either (a) it has been cropped out of a much larger shot or (b) it was saved, originally, as a (fairly low res) jpg, rather than in RAW, for there are a lot of artifacts in the shot and the feathers show a considerable lack of detail.

On the plus side, the your are a very lucky man to even have the opportunity of such a shot, and the focus (squarely on the eye) is spot on.

You're not going to put Doug out of business, with this one, but it's a fine start!