[LRflex] Re: My .02 worth - Live View???

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:50:58 -0700

David Wrote:
>Of course, later models could be developed which had features like a
>second sensor for live-view and removable finders (like the ol' Nikon
>F) for special needs.  As a new model was developed, it would not
>necessarily obsolete the older ones.  They might co-exist, as did the
>R6.2 and R7.

I must be confused.  What is the big deal about "live view"?  Doesn't an SLR
have "live view" as we look through the viewfinder.  True, the viewfinder
goes black when we take the photo but I challenge anyone to determine if a
perso blinked a fraction of a sceond before you took the photo, or during
the expousre, or a fraction of a second after?  With my TLR Rollei, it has
live view and I can not make that determination.  Hey, with digital I can
chimp and see if they blinked.

So, what am I missing about this live view thing?  Seems like a bunch of
hype to me with my present understanding.

Aram