[LRflex] Re: Mt. Robson

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 17:39:14 -0700

Aram said:

> It even taxed my DSL.  Great shot.  There is one spot just below
> snow line on the left where there is a large out of focus section.
> I wonder how that could have happened.  I assume all 15 shots were
> focused pretty darn close to infinity.

My goodness, Aram!  You are right!

I have no idea how that might happen, as it is within a single image, and that
single image is sharp.

When I looked at my images, I discovered that although I planned 16 images, I
took 17... two overlapped the area where the o-o-f anomaly occurred.  So, I
swapped 'em out, and recompiled the pano.  Problem gone!

See: http://www.furnfeather.net/Panos/MtRobson-3.jpg

All shots were done on manual focus and exposure, with both measurement made on
the bare rock.. It was all processed through the open source pano program
called Hugin - downloadable, for free, at:

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

I find it fast, convenient and, best of all, free.

Thanks for looking and for having such "eagle eyes"!

Cheers!
David.

--
David Young - Photographer